I really enjoy listening to Zig Ziglar programs. I have downloaded a bunch of them from Audible.com and I like pretty much all of them. As anyone who listens to a lot of Zig’s stuff will tell you, a lot of the various programs cover the same material. Zig brings this up himself and makes no apologies for it. The content he is teaching is really good stuff so that is what he consistently shares. It bares repeating. Of course this also means that you can buy a couple Zig programs and listen to them more than once and benefit similarly to someone who buys every Ziglar program released.
If you have not listened to Zig before, he is the very definition of a “Motivational Speaker”. He doesn’t cover new ground, but he hammers home core principles that you already know but need to be reminded of. He believes very strongly in strong character, principled living, positive thinking, and helping others.
Here are some of his quotes:
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”
- “Success Occurs When Opportunity Meets Preparation”
- “People don’t plan to fail, the just fail to plan.”
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached”
- “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.”
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
- “If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.”
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
If you are interested in some of his programs, I’ve really enjoyed these:
- See You At The Top: 25th Anniversary Edition (Named for his first published book)
- Born To Win: The Ultimate Seminar (This is a good one – it is an abridged version of a longer production but it has some great meat to it!)
- Goals – Set goals…and reach them! (Most of this content appears elsewhere, but it is still pretty good)
- The Ultimate Zig Ziglar Library (I’m listening to this now. It is a long set of many presentations, but filled with great stuff!)
When it comes to positive thinking Zig is the master and he can help get you on that road too. He says:
“Positive thinking will NOT let you do ANYTHING, but it will let you do EVERYTHING better than negative thinking will.”
Well you can’t argue with “Old Zig” (as he sometimes refers to himself). Zig advocates that you must constantly talk to yourself and affirm yourself. When you wake up tell yourself what a great day it is going to be. Affirm your positive characteristics and those you want to strengthen. You will believe yourself.
“Before you change your thinking you have to change what goes into your mind.” -Zig Ziglar
This quote applies to inside and outside talk. That outside talk includes what you watch on TV, consume on the Internet, and the people you associate with. If you are being brought down all the time by any of this then you will stay down. Only you can pull yourself by making your thinking positive. You do this by changing what is going into your mind from the inside and outside.
- goal oriented: + (setting your course with strength)
- effective: + (“… do everything better than negative thinking will.”)
- Mind: + (lower stress)
- Spirit: + (lifted self image)
- Heart: + (courage and strength)
Productivity and Wellness is an affiliate member with Amazon, which means that if you buy the product through a link on this site, Productivity and Wellness gets a small percentage of the sale. I will always be honest with you about any product I feature or review, and only endorse something I can honestly associate my name with. That is a principle I will not waver from.